Price guide for cambelt kit replacement Audi A3?

Son has a 1999 Audi A3 1.8L 20V petrol. Needs cambelt/tensioners/water pump all replacing. I've said this is his xmas pressie so was wondering how much to budget for from an indepenant. Any ideas/advice greatly appreciated. ta. JB

Reply to
JB

In article , JB scribeth thus

I had me Audisaurus thats a 20 year old A6 done last year it was around £150 IIRC.

That was a pump and timing belt kit it didn't take them that long either.

You can look up the parts costs on somewhere like Europarts to get an idea.

Done by a small indie garage.

Reply to
tony sayer

Mmm. I'm really not sure that you can compare the job on a transverse- engined A3 with a longitudinal-engined A6 with a completely different engine...

You're looking at a hundred quid just for a good-brand timing belt, pulley and water pump kit.

Reply to
Adrian

Autodata gives 2.2 hours, so you need to multiply that by the local hourly rate, and add 100UKP for the kit.

Ball-park from 250UKP according to where you live.

If you want another estimate, phone a dealer then half the price.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan