Primera Service display

My father has a Primera S. 02 number plate on it so it is being serviced by a small independent he trusts. They can't reset the "your car needs a service display" when he starts it. Does anyone know a way to reset it without plugging the damn thing into a dealer;s computer?

Warwick

Reply to
warwick

primera 02 - 04: Ign on radio off hold info button (to right and above joystick) turn volume to self diagnosis release button use joystick select confirm.adjust press enter (push down joystick) select service press enter select reset press enter press back button (below joystick) three times switch ign off

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks that did it. You're a star.

Warwick

Reply to
warwick

And the B service notice came on a day later. It was due. It was completed by a local independent and my dad between them. They did a CV boot for him and told him that it wasn't possible to turn the notice off without going to a Nissan dealer. He pulled the printout of the sequence and ran through it again and it cleared the notice again. His CV boot replacement promptly became free but for the cost of a photocopy that he didn't have to pay for.

I guess he owes you a few beers

Warwick

Reply to
warwick

you would think that a garage would have a copy of autodata, wouldn't you? Glad it helped though.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful