Primera tyre sizes

I've just bought an old Nissan Primera. It is shod with 175/70R14 tyres, two of which need replacing. I've seen newer Primeras of the same spec now come with 185/65R14 tyres.

Is it a straight swap to put the lower profile tyres on, and would it have any noticable effect on the handling or ride quality?

Thanks!

Reply to
Woof

The little sticker inside the driver's door shut of my Primera says you can use either size.

To be honest, I'd either replace all of 'em with the 185s or stick with

175s all-round.
Reply to
SteveH

I got 195/60/R14 on my M reg! So three different sizes!

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

My K reg 1.6 LX has 165/R13 on 5J x13 steel wheels. Haynes manual shows 13"

14" 15" wheels and tyres from165/R13 through to 195/60/VR15, quite a choice.
Reply to
Trevor Smith

I had 185/65R14 and 195/60R14 sizes on my L reg Primera. The 195/60 size handled and gripped a bit better with the same make tyres, not a big difference but worthwhile. Ride quality was no difference, in fact there is much more difference between makes of tyre.

Reply to
Steve B