Problems after headgasket change

Changed head gasket & 4 valves on a 1998 1.6 16V Petrol Astra yesterday, all seemed to go well until it was started again. It's now running extremely rich, black smoke from exhaust & ticks over at 2.5K. Tried disconnecting battery to try to reset ECU but suspect I've either got some of the sensor wires wrong or could the Lamba be screwed? There's also 2 connectors near the injection rail one yellow with 3 terminals & the other blue with 4 terminals that I cannot find anywhere to pulg into.

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton

Or you've got the cam timing wrong.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If this car uses a MAP sensor, its either damaged or disconected- sunday and my brain isnt working yet!

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

Those plugs sound familiar. I think I'll have to join tim and blame the fact it's sunday!

Have you checked all around the inlet manifold, for any sensors missing connectors? Could be that you've got the cable routing a bit wrong, and the connector you're looking for is a bit further away than where you're looking.

Reply to
moray

We 'think' we have looked everywhere, the yellow one is has 2 rows 1 terminal & 2 terminals if that makes sense, the blue has 4 in a row. They're a bit longer than the others & look like they should plug in behind the throttle body but there's nothing there. Think I may have to drop it down to the garage for them to read the engine codes that might give us an idea.

Alan...

Reply to
Phaeton