Program electric windows Vectra

Hi,

Yesterday I had to replace my dead battery in my Vectra. This morning I noticed that the electric windows seem to behave in another way. Before, when I pressed the "window down" button for more than a second, the window automatically opened completely. Now it stops when I stop pressing the button... Is that something that has to be programmed? If yes, how is it done?

If not, can it have something to do with the cold? My car was under 15 cm of snow this morning.

Thanks

Reply to
ICE

I can't answer you specifically but I know from my own experience that the electric sunroof in my Omega has to be reprogrammed to "learn" the switch positions after the battery is disconnected.

Ask in the VxON forums at

where there is sure to be someone who knows the answer.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Try winding the window all the way down, taking your finger off the button then pressing down again for about a second. This is the system used by a few German manufactures.

Reply to
Depresion

In either the "Up" or "Down" position of the window, hold the button down for at least 2 seconds after the window reaches end of travel. This should restore functionality

Reply to
Owen McKeown

It has... thanks!!! "Owen McKeown" schreef in bericht news:dma9b9$t7p$ snipped-for-privacy@reader01.news.esat.net...

Reply to