Proton Persona central locking problem

Hi there,

can anyone help with info on how to replace or check the central locking system on the drivers door of a 1998 proton persona 5door 1.6

the door locks all lock but when re- opened ,although the drivers door inside lock pops up, the door will not open from either the outside or inside handles.

I have removed the lower plastic door skin and I have to reach inside the door skin from the passenger side and force the mechanism at the bottom of the door by hand.

once I have done this the door opens and closes no problem from either inside or outside handles.

when I lock and then reopen the door remains unopenable until I repeat the manual procedure.

any info or strip down procedures would be really appreciated.

cheers, Stuart

Reply to
sturig