Pug 205 not starting from warm

Hi Guys,

I hope you may be able to help out a lurker.

My partner's '93 Pug 205 (1.4 Ralle) has developed a fault within the last few days which stops it starting from warm. The engine doesn't have to be all that hot to cause the problem, just a few miles is enough to render it dead for at least half an hour. Upon turning the key the engine will turn over quite happily but simply won't fire no matter how long it's cranked for or where the choke is etc.

Having done a bit of snooping on the internet various reasons have been suggested, from a weak spark to fuel evaporating from the carb. My question is - do these cars have a common fault which couldc ause the problem I describe? There are so many things it *could* be that I would like to narrow the fault down to the few most likely causes.

Cheers for any help you may be able to give! Andy

Reply to
A.S.

Ignition amp.

Tim..