Pug 406 Low brake fluid

My three year old Pug 406 has started to show a warning on the dash brake fluid low but have checked it out every time it happens and the reservoir is up to the full line and the brakes perfect. I have tested them by hard braking and the abs cuts in if I realy push very hard on the brakes. I have removed the sensor cable and the warning DOES NOT come up I presume an open cct is ok but when it is shorted it is low. My querie is if I short out the ends of the lead will it show the fault on the dash and will it cause any damage? TIA MikeS

Reply to
MikeS