Pug 406 roof bars

Hi all

I've just acquired a 1998 406 2litre estate with roof bars running along the car. I've also got the roof box and bars for the old Xantia I used to have. These bars have pads that bear on the roof and lock in place using holes in the door frame. I see that the 406 has the same door frame holes with 2 holes per door. My question is which of the two holes do I use or doesn't it matter? When I got the bars the instructions told me to use the front holes on the Xantia although as the holes are only an inch or so apart I doubted whether it was important.

Reply to
Malc