Pug expert van 2003 - Door locks on sliding door - How do you get them out ?

Just how do you remove the door locks on the sliding side door. Plastic handle has broken, but bought a new complete plastic moulding and handle. But I now have to remove the lock.

Any ideas ?

Reply to
spender

Try taking the trim off or cover from the inside first.

Reply to
Rob

Yes sliding door squab is off, but how does the lock barrel come out of the plastic moulding ?

Reply to
spender

I'm just guessing never seen one - OK!

The barrel is usually held in with a clip which should either slide (flat metal type)

Looking at the side view of the flat clip should be an L shape which you should be able to place a screwdriver and work off by sliding.

There is a plastic grommet in the edge of the door oval shape and the flat clip is extracted through there.

Ah found the owners manual 92mb

or

Its in part 11 of the manual

send me a email and ill send you the pages of the manual if its too big of a download.

Reply to
Rob