Puma tail light out

Aaaargh!

It's one thing after another at the moment. I dscovered this morning one brake light out and also my high level brake light not working. It was too much to assume they were linked and replacing the easiest one (the normal brake light) would solve everything!

I replaced the bulb in the ordinary brake light - then unscrewed all the plastic gubbins to get to the high level brake light - to discover it takes four tiny halogen bulbs. (I had bought a pack of two).

All four of the bulbs look fine (unlike the clearly blackened other bulb I replaced in the other brakelight).

Should I buy another two and just replace all four or will it be the fuse or something else?

If it is the fuse (I have lost my handbook at the moment) - where do I find it and how do I know which one it is?

thanks

chas

Reply to
chas

what happens when you put in the two you have?

it won't be the fuse or the other brake lights would be out too. Wiring is a possibility.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

This isn't a case where the light earths through the hinges on the tailgate is it? Does a puma even have a tailgate? If so, try some WD40 on the hinges. Worked wonders on my fiesta's rear wiper!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

He he - I was thinking that too but I felt that it sounded a bit dumb and like you I wasn't sure whether the Puma has the same sort of tailgate - though it probably does.

Reply to
loony

I want to turn the clock back to start the year again!

Now my flipping computer as well playing up! Aaargh!

Anyway - back to the tail light - I've not had chance to have another look due to work and other things. With my luck at the moment I just KNOW plod will materialise and stop me so I'm gonna have a look tomorrow.

thanks for the help guys.

chas

Reply to
chas