Punto 2000-reg.

Hey,

Quick few questions; I personally hate puntos but am aware many people think they're reliable and excellent. Cheap insurance so it would seem for a relatively young new-driver, could people please confirm any issues on this carsurvey.org page?

I find the number of sad/unhappy faces quite surprising! I had a look at some other cars and they're all smiles all the way, what's the deal with the older puntos?!

Robert.

Reply to
Robert

I've got a 2000 reg Mk2 Punto Sporting and theres been 'nowt wrong with it mechanically. The brakes need doing and I've had the cambelt changed. The only trouble I *did* have was when someone ran into it and it was in the bodyshop for a month because they couldn't match the paint up properly (it's Broom Yellow) However, when I accidentally ripped off one of my skideskirts last month and had to replace them I went to the local motor factor paint place and they matched me up some paint in an hour or so. He did huff and puff a bit and had four attempts to get it right, but he did it. Anyhow,going off on a tangent there a bit... theres been nothing wrong wrong with my Punto - although I don't think I would like a lower model although these are a lot lower in ins. groups, mine is group 7 which I think is pretty steep.

Kind regards,

Nicola

Reply to
Nicky

Hey nicky, to be honest I am very worried about the number of complaints about repairs on the website, and other websites, I have seen reviewing the car. I think I will avoid fiat for now, sounds like there is a high chance of getting a bad car off them, they don't seem to fair too well in the down-the-years test I have devised!

Good luck with yours though.

Reply to
Robert

My local Fiat dealer replaced bootlid and rear skirt on my Broom yellow Punto (insurance job after accident) and the matching was perfect....

...until 4 yrs later when I found that it faded in the sun differently to the original.

Another problme I found is that the plastic bits (e.g. petrol flap) also fade at a different rate!

Reply to
David Quinton