Putting a car back on the road

My daughter's old Corsa has been Sorned for 9 months and she'd like to put it back on the road (if economic).

Am I right in thinking that the correct sequence of actions is to 1) book car into repair/test centre, 2) get some free insurance from someone like Aviva, 3) drive to repair/test centre, 4) get road tax (assuming car economically repairable) and drive home?

The car starts and runs well so things under the bonnet seem fine but the brakes and exhaust are going to need some work.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Assuming it's safe & legal to drive then that's the sequence.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

or book it in, ask them to collect it, get an estimate for repairs and make your mind up then.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

That's probably best. The garage is only a mile away. Thanks.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+