Quality Tyres

I got 4 new Continental EcoContact3 Tyres on my 1.25 Zetec Fiesta on Friday (167/70R13T) after always buying cheap nasty tyres before that.

You probably all know this anyway but I just wanted to say how much better the car now drives. It's SO much more precise round corners and braking feels much more confident and controlled bot in wet and dry. The old tyres were still well-with legal parameters too.

I will never buy cheap tyres again. These were only about £10 each more than el-cheapo ones anyway!

Tony (who does not work for Continental!)

Reply to
Tony Brett

Tony Brett gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

Good for you, people that buy cheap crappy tyres or other parts for their car need to recognise the dangers! I would never buy cheap tyres or cheap brakes, it's not worth it.

Reply to
kcr

Leaving out any safety considerations. Driving may not be a pleasurable activity to all, but decent tyres can make it more pleaasurable for those who do, or make it less onerous for those who just see driving as a necessity. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I replaced the big-brand-name ones on my SD1 with Colway remoulds. Same thing. Much more grip, better steering feel, and more comfortable. Think this near always happen when you fit new tyres.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Got Conti Eco 3's on my Capri and I cannot make the bugger break=20 sideways round roundabouts anymore.

Not a bad tyre at all and I got all four for =A3180 delivered from=20 mytyres

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

Beleive me it doesn't. Fitted some budget s**te to my Capri last year=20 and instantly regretted it. It'd break loose on any roundabout at the=20 slightest hint of throttle. They were so bad I replaced them after a=20 few thousand miles despite them having loads of tread. Never again=20 unless I want to do drifting competitions.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

And you'll likely save more than the extra cost in fuel, because these are lower rolling-resistance tyres.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

How does that work then? Lowering rolling resistance I mean. Just curious.

Reply to
Graham

Definitely not. I have replaced tyres many times before and using them new doesn't even come close to the new quality tyres.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Actually I don't think Which? rated them very highly for energy efficiency. It was the only thing they did not score highly in though.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

They make the tyres out of Teflon or something. They must have come a long way, because the Eco Contacts I had about 5 years ago were effing horrible.

Reply to
Doki

My E39 came with them - more than 5 years ago - and they were fine. So I've stuck to them since. They're certainly not lacking in grip wet or dry. Of course that could be down to the stability control.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could just be horses for courses. Some uniroyals which I loved on my Ka are pretty mediocre on my girlfriend's ZX.

Reply to
Doki

Got Conti Eco 3's on my Capri and I cannot make the bugger break sideways round roundabouts anymore.

Not a bad tyre at all and I got all four for £180 delivered from mytyres

I have Conti Sport Contact 3's on the Clio, they're the OE fitment and the fronts were put on by the dealer before I collected the car. They're very, very good. Naturally they won't last as long, or be as fuel efficient as your Eco's - but the grip is fabulous, wet or dry, spinning of the fronts has to be very deliberate, which isn't bad for a nigh on 200bhp (197bhp,

200ps, I should quote ps, it's bigger hehe!) front wheel driver :-)
Reply to
DanB

I'm surprised at that. I've stuck with original fitment Eco-contacts on my Focus for nine years, except for one set of NCT5's which were dreadful. I'm becoming more and more convinced that a tyre that suits one type of car may be less good on another.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

that is because the engine is too small, get a v6 in there

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I replaced my Pirelli fronts with Continental EcoContact3, the Pirelli still had lots of tread left, I just found them noisy. I find the Continentals less precise in corners.

Reply to
grape

Is that the test that the Bridgestones won?

Reply to
grape