Question Honda Civic Engine Swap

Advice gratefully received! I'm posting on behalf of someone who is a total novice doing an engine swap (yes he knows it's a big job and he's not that experienced but he has no choice as he is broke so he's learning as he is going along - he has no internet access and lives miles away so he can't post himself) - The swap is a Honda Civic carb model (1.3 I think) to 1.6 VTEC. He's not using the Vtec stuff because it would involve alterations to the electrics. He has swapped the engines and fitted a seperate fuel pump as the fuel pump was built into the head on the old engine. Everything seems to fit ok but he has two rubber hoses coming off the vacuum advance unit and doesn't know where to put them and can't remember where they were attached in the first place. Any advice would be great, especially if anyone can think of anything else that would be incompatible with this swap and would need changing.

Thanks.

Reply to
Maria

it doesn't sound like a swap for a novice, there are almost innumerable possible problems. if it ever runs, don't forget to inform the DVLA and the insurance company.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

By some miracle, he has it running this morning! (I'm amazed too...). Thanks for the reminder!

Reply to
Maria