Radiator Flush?

Hope someone can help. How long should i leave radiator flush in the system before draining? Just had the cylinder head done (yes the rover!!) .. And the system was a bit messy and was advised to put a bottle of the flush through..

Reply to
Colin Mckechnie

it is usually only a short run then flush it through, they can be quite caustic, so if left too long may cause leaks.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

define short run?

Reply to
Colin Mckechnie

about fifteen minutes is what the packets usually say iirc

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

you sure you dont mean oil flush? this is the water?

Reply to
Colin Mckechnie

Think my last rad flush to shift scale from a Metro was 30 minutes and I got a slurry of scale out. I'd be worried about leaving it in too long on an alloy engine.

Reply to
Chris Street

No, really? This group is getting worse...

Reply to
Conor