Radio code

Hi All,

does anyone know where I could find the code for Blaupunkt PH/1 as fitted to a 1998 Citroen Xantia

only readable number on the radio itself is 96 260 240 80

Any ideas? Or Am I off to the Citroen dealer on Tuesday (or one of the many car audio shops in Slough?)

Cheers

Reply to
Mike P

there should be a number something like this: bp2490P5758079 from that I could calculate the code

Reply to
Mrcheerful

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:01:59 +0100, Mrcheerful boggled us with:

Thanks Mr C, sadly the unit is that old that the serial number has faded and is smudged on the sticker and isn't readable any more. The number I quoted is on another sticker on top of it.

Looks like I'm off rooting out a car audio backstreet man in Slough tomorrow!

thanks anyway

Reply to
Mike P

if you respond to my email i`ll look it up for you providing its the original radio

Reply to
Redstar

If youcan open the case its not unkown for the serial number to be repeated inside the case

Reply to
steve robinson

Last time I did this, the Citroen dealer only charged a fiver.

Reply to
The Peeler

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 21:38:11 +0100, Redstar boggled us with:

Good man! Thanks for your help :-)

Reply to
Mike P

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:52:43 +0800, The Peeler boggled us with:

I don't think the radio is worth a fiver!

Last time it happened to me on another Xantia, I just upgraded the stereo. However, this one's got the 10-shot CD player in the boot, working controls on the steering wheel and the rest of the car is in top nick, it's original and it's an Activa - the ones the Citroen nerds like, I thought I'd keep it that way.

Reply to
Mike P

I've got radio controls on the steering wheel of my Buick, but I've never got used to using them.

Reply to
The Peeler