Rainwater in my Micra heater?

Last night I got in my daughter's K11 Micra and when the ignition was switched on, there was a "sloshing" noise coming from the heater. This noise comes on when you turn the fan on, and goes when you turn it off. Now it rained heavily last night and I'm guessing that rain has gone in through the air intakes behind the bonnet and found its way into the heater. When the fan is turned on the impeller then goes round in it like a paddle steamer sloshing its way up the Mississippi!

If rain water can get into the heater, I would have thought there would be a drain somewhere to let it out. Maybe that's become blocked? Is there a drain, and where do I find it?

Could this also explain why the carpets are always wet but I've never been able to find a leak in anywhere?

Thanks BobC

Reply to
BobC

There's almost certainly a drain either into the engine bay through the front wall of the scuttle, or possibly into the inner wing/wheelarch area from within the scuttle that you may not see without removing trim etc - not knowing the car concerned I can't say for sure. What I can say is I've got a wet carpet in my car this morning from the same thing!

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Somewhere there is a well where water will collect. There is always some rubber pipe about an inch diameter that the water is supposed to run away through, it is always blocked up with dead leaves or other vegetable matter. A quick poke with a stick or piece of wire usually clears ten years of accumulated crap. Lou Bricant

Reply to
Lou Bricant