Rapid tyre wear

Hi,

My back two tyres (only 4-5 months old!) went flat last weekend, and upon inspection the inside half of the tread was completely worn down. It wore down to such an extent, that I could see little steel wires protruding!

The outside half of the tread was fine. The guy who changed the tyres reckons that something needs to be adjusted to ensure the back tyres are correctly aligned, and that only the main Honda dealer could do it, however a local firm could do the work for £65. Does this sound reasonable? How did this happen so suddenly? The rear trailer arms had to be over hauled early this year because of cracks developing in the seal. I can't explain this too well, but apparently they had to replace the bushes because of the cracks. Does this make sense? Would this work have caused this problem to occur?

And can anyone recommend a place to get my car serviced in the Slough area? It's a Honda Civic '97. I have asked before but got no answers back.

Thanks!

J.

Reply to
John Smith

I'm noit an expert but it sounds like the garage who overhauled the rear suspension didn't put it back together properly. I'd make them my first port of call and see if they are prepared to do anything about it.

Reply to
Rob

it may be either adjustment or damaged or incorrectly fitted suspension parts, could just be excessive loading, if you tow a caravan for example.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

You need to go to a decent tyre place who have computer 4 wheel alinement equipment, and get a print out from them of the error. Then go back to the garage who worked on the suspension - unless it's possible it was damaged afterwards, but this would require a pretty hefty knock.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)