Re: 106 again :-(

air idle valve might be stuck open. drive the car for a bit and see if it settles down, if not you could try resetting the ECU, thus forcing it to re-learn everything.. its possible that the adpative learning has got used to a sticking valve, and now its not is over compensating...

OK story so far, > > The car was hard to start from cold - other posts from the group said it was > the coolant sender or a fault with the Idle stepper motor - so I took both > off and cleaned (or banged lol) > > Now the car started great last night - now its revving to the roof!!! any > ideas? or is it time for a new stepper motor? > > Thanks in advance > > Martin > >
Reply to
Mark Craft

Million $ question how do I reset the ecu? its a Bosch one

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

I think it is died - as you can hear it click but there is no movement :-(

I will try resetting the ECU - as it worked ok last night - and this morning for 30mins until the car stopped when restarted it went bananas!

How much is a new Idle stepper motors? any ideas? is it possible to get a good one from the breakers?

Thanks in advance Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

Reply to
Mark Craft

Time to say good bye to the 106 dealer wants £525 Inc VAT for part - not going to risk 2nd hand parts I don't think.

The wee b*tch has been a money sucker the past few yrs - never again will I buy new!

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

£525 for a Bosch stepper motor?????????????????????????? THAT has got to be for a full throttle body. The stepper motors are available separately.

Regards, Graham

Graham

Erm!! Blinkin heck. Well your dealer has merriily quoted you for a new throttle body with motor attached. However they are available separately.

Try tuneparts or fuelparts dot co dot uk. :)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

And first of all you should see if your stepper motor is single inj. or 6 pin. Don't ask me have to work that out on my 106 too. Anyway somewhere in Brixton frst one is 55? + VAT and the other one is 64 + VAT.

Vlad

Reply to
Slavica Maksimovic