Re: Fiesta dead (85/86)(D)

How dead is it?

There is a small silly fault that can cause a problem - don't laugh 'cos it happened to me ...

If the battery clamp isn't tight enough (the +ve one I think) then when you turn the starter, you will here a click, and all will go dead. The click could be the baterry clamp moving slightly under the load of the starter motor - and disconnecting .....

worth atry?

Hi, I have been asked to look at a fiesta, the dash lights (battery,oil, > brake) aren't coming on when I turned the key this had been an

intermittent

fault, anyway now its an all out fault, it did have an immobiliser on it, > somebody had wired this up via a switch to the coil, when the all out fault > appeared I disconnected this, so I need to start from scratch. The battery > is fully charged. I don't have a circuit Diagram for this circuit. > > Bill > >
Reply to
R. Murphy

You'll need to trace the circuit from the battery to the instruments and check it with a circuit tester. It would be worth getting a Haynes manual with the circuit diagram.

intermittent

Reply to
David

I checked the terminals, I also tried a booster car battery thinking the battery was flat, but still no joy.

bill

Reply to
Bill

just wondering if anybody has a circuit for the fiesta.

bill

intermittent

Reply to
Bill

There is only one thick wire (red/+) on the live side of the battery, mind you there is another thinner wire connected to the starter motor I presume this is the Fusible link, it has a round connecter fitting, and it is connected onto the half inch nut. (spanner size).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Hi, I'm not so sure what a fusible link looks like, there is only one red thick cable attached to the battery Postive + side.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

(battery,oil,

Have you checked the other end? where the earth strap fixes to the body?

Reply to
gaz

found the fault - the manual says that there is a fuse link from the battery, well on this model the link is fitted to the solenoid, this had a bad connection.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

click click click that is starter not getting enough voltage. I had this happen often Try to get jump if that gets it starting would recommend leaving the car running for 30 minutes or go for a drive for an hour I could be exacterating. You can see if battery will keep a charge Everytime u start your car it takes power from a battery . When car is running Battery is being used but alternator does help maintain the life of the a battery it is the generator that will prevent u from overloading the battery . Get a good brush on the clamp and the battery post and scap of any rust some wd-40 works good something caustic for cleaning that prevents like wd-40 .

Reply to
wired and confused