Re: Ford wishbones v generic

Subject: Ford wishbones v generic

>From: "Scooby Doo" snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk >Date: 24/07/03 21:02 GMT Daylight Time >Message-id: > >Need to replace the wishbones on my 98 Mondeo due to worn bushes - is there >a marked difference in quality between the Ford wishbones and the generic >ones? In terms of price, the Ford ones are £76 each whereas the generic ones >are £20 each. > >Also, how much should I expect to pay for labour on the two wishbones? > >Cheers >

This has just been done to death a week ago. Look in Google.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

"How's life Norm?" "Not for the squeamish, Coach" (Cheers, 1982)

Reply to
Dave Baker

I wouldn't fit pattern ones as they fail in just a year. Genuine ones should cost to fit about 20 - 30 pounds each plus tracking , so total for a proper job with genuine parts and laser tracking would be about 230 quid.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

_Each_

Jesus, 12 months ago, I paid 70 for the pair, using Ford parts (or so I was told).

The pattern parts don't last as long as the original parts (which in themselves don't last as well as they should!)

At my "local" independent, I paid 28 quid + VAT per side for the parts, and roughly the same in labour (2 hours to fit them both - probably a tad on the high side, but I'd rather they had the aggro than me :-)

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith