Re: ICV on 2.2 Zafira

by the way its a 2002 model

Hi All > > I have had my 2.2 Zafira for a week and have started having the odd > problem with eratic idling and being a pain to start (it starts then > dies). It always seems to happen when it is warm and has been stopped for > a few minutes. I presume from what I have seen that this is a classic ICV > issue and a good clean up should sort it. > > I bought a haynes manual for it but it does not mention an ICV for the > 2.2. It talks about an idle stepper motor on all other engines but does > not mention it on my engine. By the way I wonder how much they have to > invest in printing machines to print on such low quality paper. The > complexity of cars must have doubled in the past 20 years but the manuals > are thinner now then they ever used to be (or maybe they just miss big > bits out). > > So the question is does it have one? If so where abouts on the throttle > body is it? I have taken the cover off and had a look and cannot see one. > > The dealer I bought the car off will sort it this time but I presume it > will happen again at a later date so it would be good to know what to do > next time it happens. > > Any help appreciated. > > Paul >
Reply to
Paul Edwards