Re: Leaky Transmission Fluid

So, now I've sheared some bolts off getting the plastic undertray off the

> car, I need new bolts. Can anyone recommend a good online retailer where I > can get them from? I don't have a clue about measurements, except they're > all 10 mil head, which, in the grand scheme of things, means diddly squat. > But I can't decipher this M3 M6 10 milarky... so maybe a miscellaneous > automotive bolt selection would be good... unless you guys can help?
10mm head is normally M6.

are easy but possibly expensive - still, for a couple of bolts that probably doesn't matter.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Take it back to whoever changed the rad and get them to do the job properly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are aware I changed it? And then I fixed it... But I was still commenting on various garage services not being able to tell their arse from their elbow and generally doing worse than I could do?

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

ah yes been down this road before... the first time we changed a auto' radiator we did not warn the customer that the treads may get pulled out on dismantling so, consequently we had to foot the bill of new pipes yours may end up needing new pipes

before someone says it.. no its not though being heavy handed its the soft brass insert together with the hot fliud and expossed to the elements

Reply to
ford_technical_

They probably chose not to be co-operative in case it cost them money. They get all sorts of customers and can tell by experience when a tiny job that might leave them quids out of pocket from a mile off.

Huw

Reply to
Huw