Re: OT: Mondeo heater

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Kevin Stone" saying something like:

Hi, > >I have a two-fold problem on my 2002 Mondeo... > >Note: aircon is always set to ON. > >1. for the last few weeks the hot air hasn't worked correctly. It either >takes ages to get hot, or you have to turn the air to cold and then hot and >then cold and then hot and it finally gets hot (cold aircon works fine). > >2. today, the temperature dial hasn't moved from cold, it moves about 10% >from off and on one occasion it briefly moved to about 25% and then back >down. It normally is exactly 50% after about 2 mins, never wavering. The hot >air at its hottest is now quite cool. It also steams up inside now, so the >aircon isn't removing the moisture as it usually does. > >Are these two problems related, and most likely cause? > >TIA

x-posted.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon