Re: RAC vs Green Flag

Hi all.

> > My RAC cover is just up for renewal, however, I can get > "comprehansive" Green Flag cover from my employer for £52. RAC is > about £90 - is the general idea of Green Flag = BAD? > > --Nick. > -- > - GamerTag: Hayn - icq: 9235201 -- Hayn on dal.net - >
- Want DVDs/Games?

Their work was ok the one and only time I called them out.

However they did leave my wife on the side of a road in the dark alone for about an hour. Even though I believe they claim to put lone females to the front of the queue. I ended up driving out to keep her company any make sure she was safe. After that I swore I would never use them again. As for the RAC I was with them for a year , but never used them.Can't even remember the reason I used them in the first place.

Personally I use the AA. had to call them out the other day and they were there in under 10 minutes. Although I'm sure there not always that quick.

Reply to
Furby

we have a GF 2 car policy for £105, which then earns a no claims discount if you don't use the service during the year. Well we had the unfortunate case of having to use the service and it was very good. They picked my son up and car inside 45 mins and delivered them both home safe.

you don't know what any are like until you have to use them.

dj

Reply to
engelbert

I think recovery people are franchised to Green Flag. I'm with then through Saga. £85 a year comprehensive, for all Europe with car and caravan. Don't know how good they are, but I call them before I venture abroad each year just to get them to confirm I'm covered. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

I'm with them through my employer too now, which starts with an S and ends with "aga" - £83 for 2 cars (2 people), the full range and even full European cover, relay service and even putting up in hotels if needed.

Thanks for your help, everyong.

Reply to
Nick

I've used AA (who I left because they sent me a huge bill for calling them ont one time too many, dodgy ecu on a granada).

Green Flag were fine the only time I used them (one blowout tyre and one puncture in 2 hours).

RAC I'm with now, with a discount due to disability, came out promptly to sort a brake problem (burst pipe, peugeor 405), guy called a truck to carry the car home and stayed with us until it got there.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

"Green Flag" can be anybody. If you don't want to end up dealing with the sort of people who live out of tins then join the AA. It's still an admirable organization and light-years ahead even of the RAC.

Carmody.

Reply to
Carmody

Never tried Green Flag. but IMO RAC is fine. A white van ran into the back of my caravan on the M25, we it towed off, and found, apart from damage to the van, the towing bracket was out of position. The RAC came and said that it was OK to tow back to Yorkshire. Can you imagine any local garage saying anything other than, we will mend it for you?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Over the last 10 years, I have called out Green Flag on three occasions for myself and once for someone else. Their service has always been excellent. The times that I used them, they sent me a questionnaire to check that I was satisfied with the service that I received.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Just my two penny worth but, as a fellow caravanner, if I had found that the towbar had moved in the collision I would have opted to have the whole outfit trailered back home. You never know what hairline cracks or damage there might be to the boot floor.

Oh, I am with Green Flag, have been for many years through the Caravan Club Mayday Service, Citroen Assist and Green Flag direct. Have used them once when my Xantia wet itself in a big way and had to be taken to the garage and was very impressed.

Regards Richard

Reply to
Richard Green

I work for a local garage, and we contract for the RAC, AA, Green Flag, Europ Assistance Etc, Etc. The decision to tow or repair will be the same regardless of which organisation the job came through.

Reply to
SimonJ