Re: Renault Clio In Car Heaters Blowing Cold Air

i have exactly the same problem on my 93 clio. and coinsedentaly, it has only been like this since a *head gasket * change. i originally thought that the thermostat had gone but after reading this thread, i wud tend to think otherwise. have either of you solved your problems yet? tony

Reply to
phippsy

Hi Tony, Still havent figured out what it is, like i said i did a complete flush of the system and tested the thermostat. And nothing has changed, I've noticed there are hoses going from the cooling system to the car which I'm going to check at the weekend. A friend said it mite be sommat electrical which i really dont want to do myself because I know nothing about car electrics. I mite take the car to an auto electrician to see if they can determine the problem and fix it.

I will report back at the weekend with my finding's if no one has found out what the problem is before.

Martyn

Reply to
smithy01282

When mine went it was the resistor in the heater/blower (Mk1 Phase 1). Was a 'simple' case of removing the blower from the scuttle and replacing the resistor, Cost £11.75. Getting blower in and out was a task and a half, involved removing the ECU, offside wiper motor etc and wiggling the blower out.

Apart foerm that, is quite an easy fix.

Symptoms were, blower worked at all speeds, but only cold air. As usual, it failed in the winter :-)

/Heds

Reply to
Heds

if it is blowing air but cold it is either the controls for diverting hot air have bust or the matrix is knackered.

is ur passenger footwell wet by any chance?

Reply to
Jon Reynolds