Re: Renault Safrane 2200 Vi Central locking problem

Right, Take the door panel off to see if its sticking or busted. There are screws here;

1)Bottem of the door pocket/speaker panel, 2)remove speaker cover, speaker and screws behind that. 3)remove the screw in electric window switch,in the handle part, might be a little cover over it, . 4)The door lock/catch, Use a smallest screw driver you can get. Slight lift and push in the screw driver in the small hole.Might have to pull it up quite a bit to see the hole 5)door hand plastic surround, just unclip it carefully. 6) red/white door lights, i think there was one behind here not sure thou. i think that was all the bits, should just pull off. now. when refitting fit the panel, push the door lock rod through the hole, put a couple of the screws back in. turn the plastic part you removed around. using the screw driver put the black part into the bottem hole not the top. youll see what i mean when you are doing it. get i the car, close the door (make sure you have the keys in your pocket) just then pust over the rod so it locks the door.might take a few goes to get it right. make sure it then locks and opens the door. put everything else back.

Have Fun TAZZA

> > Hi Folks. > > Hi Tazza > > I have a problem with my Safrane. The central locking works fine but > the passanger door won't lock. I have stuck my ear up against it and > it seems to make an unlock noise with the rest of them but no locking > takes place. It won't work with the key either!! > > A clue as to how to get into the front door would help too as I can't > see any obviouse screws > > Any advice gratefully accepted with thanks >
Reply to
TaZzA