Re set service message on golf

I have a 2002 1.6 golf which has been seviced by local garage but it shows the service due message when first turned on.To save time is it a simple job to turn it off??? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Tim

Yes, it is very simple.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Look in your handbook. It involves holding in the trip reset while turning the ignition on, IIRC.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

How kind of you................perhaps my question had an inner unstated question but never the less it was there for all to see.........

Reply to
Tim

Thanks Chris, hand book not to hand, so will hold in trip reset next time i start the car and see what happens.vandst

Reply to
Tim