Re: Volkswagon unveils car that gets 282 miles to the gallon.

In news:Xns99372EFC37B7Estuartggraydslpipexc@216.196.109.145, Tunku wittered on forthwith;

Useful Info wrote in > news:1179711667.502701.258330 @x18g2000prd.googlegroups.com: > >> The 1 liter car. >> >> See it and read all about it, here:

and who are Volkswagon?

I hate it when spammists can't even spell.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f2r4or$rjk$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Or know what year it is, that story must be about 5 years old now as it was the pet project of the last VAG chief to have a 1L/100Km concept car he could drive to his retirement in.

Reply to
Depresion

If they could they'd have a job in Marketing.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Who knows? The original article is five years old.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

The message from "Timo Geusch" contains these words:

Working for Mars?

Reply to
Guy King

And some of the features are older than that ... and found on my Messerschmitt KR200 ;-)

"? this led to its unusually narrow, bullet-shaped body where the passenger sits behind the driver. As well, the car features an aircraft-like canopy, enclosed rear wheels." (well 'wheel' in my case)

"The engine is positioned just ahead of the rear axle

Gear selection - forwards, reverse or neutral - is made using a turn switch on the right-hand side of the cockpit"

(Well the, fwd / rev is done with the ignition switch on the Schmitt)

"Whether North Americans would embrace such a small car is questionable ? price would be a major factor. It would certainly have the ?Wow? factor on its side."

I'm not sure about the last bit but it is 'different'. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Probably killed by crash regulations.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

T i m ( snipped-for-privacy@spaced.me.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've got a 'schmitt...? Ooooh. I likes them a LOT.

Reply to
Adrian

Yep, bought it as a dryer alternative to my Lambretta SX150 when I was

17 and at college. Used it for everything [1] for a couple of years then it got usurped by the Moggy Minor van.

It's been sat in my lockup for the last 30 years and started now_and_again (but not of late).

I would *like* to at least get it back on the road (I drove it in the lockup all road legal but it has been standing for some time etc) and let my Wife and Daughter have a ride in it before I (probably) sell it?

It never let me down though and was a load of fun. (Even won the slalom event in it at the International Messerschmitt Rally one year) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

[1] Commuting to college, social trips and even went on holiday and helped someone move with the Schmitt+trailer!
Reply to
T i m