Re: Warning light: MOT fail?

no, but check brake fluid level, this can cause the light.

> > if you have a wheel cylinder/caliper leaking it will fail. > > > 96 Nissan Micra K11 type. > > The handbrake warning light is always on. I think it may be a faulty > > handbrake switch. > > It has been doing this for the last 10 months/10k miles and I never > > got round to sorting it out. MOT time is looming. > > > > Is this an MOT fail?

Brake fluid is at Maximum.

Bruce

Reply to
bruce phipps

Yes.

Reply to
sPoNiX

Are you sure on that? My car originally had front pads with a built-in wear-indicator, but these became unavailable in anything like a sensible compound, so I fitted pads without the warning- indicator. Which meant that the handbrake-warning- light stopped working [because the wire-loop that feeds the pad-warning is also eventually earthed to the handbrake-on switch].

I have not had a MOT failure because of this, and it's been like it since about 1994!

Reply to
PJML

THey also serve as a lowq brake pad warning light too. When was the last time your car was serviced?

Reply to
Conor

bruce snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (bruce phipps) mumbled:

Pull one of the wires off the switch on top of the reservoir just in case. Easier to get to than the handbrake switch...so you may as well eliminate it first.

Reply to
Guy King

have a look at

ColonelTupperware