Rear Wheel brake cylinder Cit ZX

Is this an easy job to replace? I have brake fluid dripping out of the back offside wheel, so I suspect the cylinder is leaking. Is there a repair kit for these?

Cheers, Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

The message from "Stuart Gray" contains these words:

Yes, but just buy a new cylinder - they ain't expensive.

If you're ordering online, consider doing both sides (to amalgamate the postage) 'cos in my experience if one's gone the other ain't far behind.

Try

You don't say which model you've got, but they appear to be between 8 and 15 quid for a cylinder.

Reply to
Guy King

other one will be well on its way out too . I think you will find the cylinders rather dearer than is inferred above as they include the pressure limiting valve as well. The cylinders all go and the shoes will be nearly worn out too. Its not a bad idea to replace the little metal covers over the hub nuts as well . Getting the drums off can be alltime fun job#37, the adjusters are s**te ( they were s**te on MK2 Cortinas and they are still s**te now) they will be siezed and come complete with easily lost or bent little pieces, and have to be released to get the drums off usually. steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver

Stuart Gray ( snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If at all possible, take the old ones off first, then order the replacements - there's multiple different versions, AIUI, and no logic as to whats on any given car.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks for the info everyone. Sounds like a fun weekend coming up :-(

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray