recommendations for cheapish family hatchback

Dear All,

May not be quite the right forum for this question.

Anybody have any recommendations for make/model for a cheapish family hatchback. Needs to have 5 doors/Aircon/central locking/1.4-1.6. Something Ford Focus Size ( but these cars are out of my price range )

thanks, Davy

Reply to
davy

Perhaps uk.rec.cars.misc ?

What is your budget? An early Focus can be had for around 2000UKP now.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Something FIAT. I kid you not. I got one and have been very pleasantly surprised. The engine goes really well and it's comfortable. Yes, things will break, fall off and occassionally you will have electrics that go all Italian and wave their arms about in a hissy fit. But they are as cheap as chips and really easy to work on when they do go wrong.

Reply to
gazzafield

Toyota avensis

Reply to
MrCheerful

Budget about 3 k cash, needs to last average 15k mile a year.

Reply to
davy

plenty of mint late Mk2 mondys with all the kit on for that money too.

EG - 2 miles from me -X plate 2.0 Ghia w/ 48k on clock, that champagne silvery colour. £2695, thats at a dealer!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

You'd get a two or three year old for that. Are you saying FIAT's can't do

15k a year?
Reply to
gazzafield

HFM!?

For a MkII?

You'd find a MkIII for that kind of money these days.

Reply to
SteveH

A MkIII Ghia with 48K for less than 3K? Bollocks.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Maybe not with 48k on it, but that's not a big deal these days.

But there are plenty of MkIII Mondeo Ghias for less than £3k these days.

That's the first one I saw - an estate, too.

Reply to
SteveH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'm saying that a MkIII is infinitely preferable to a MkII.

Still wouldn't have one, though. My experience of one as a hire car was enough to put me off.

Reply to
SteveH

And of course you didn't let your anti-Ford prejudice influence you at all, did you?

;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan