Recommendations for good scrap yards / car reclamation places nr Blackpool

Hi,

After someone kindly smashed the rear window on my Peugeot 306 and I fancied a trip round the local yards I realised I didn't know of any. (Most of my scrap yard experience comes from the southwest). Queries to friends who've lived in the Blackpool/Fylde area for years didn't turn up much. So, have any group members got recommendations for good scrap yards in the the area?

Thanks, Darran

Reply to
Darran Ames

Darran Ames explained on 04/11/2007 :

Local area Yellow Pages, in the Vehicle Breakers and Dismantlers section.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I've had a look through the Yellow Pages - but I was ideally after people's personal recommendations rather than where I can find adverts.

Reply to
Darran Ames

"Darran Ames" wrote

No, but it will almost certainly be covered by your car insurance with a £50 excess.

So £50 to have someone professional fit a brand-new one in 30 minutes as against a trawl round the breakers' yards and a DIY fit which will almost certainly look messy and leak.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

================================== I've used this online service a couple of times with good results - a bit expensive:

There are others which are easy enough to find.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

True, a replacement glass is only £38, and fitting is trivial in this case (I've a 3-door 306, so the window hinges out). I was after recommendations for future use.

Reply to
Darran Ames