Recommendations wanted

Hi. I want to spend upto a £1000 on an estate or hatchback. I have a strong preference for an autmoatic but manual may have to do at this price.

has anyone got any recommendations for an automatic in this price band that will have an automatioc transmission that will still be non problematic..as in won't have aged badly.

Thanks for any kind of suggestions

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

If I was you, I'd go for the manual, it's easier to spell :-)

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Reply to
Bill

The message from "Arthur" contains these words:

I bought an L-reg Audi 100 estate, 2.5 turbo diesel automatic. Luvverly, it is. Cost me £1200.

Reply to
Guy King

Assuming that the seat is bolted in correctly, if I remember that forward means the way I'm facing, I'm not worried. :)

ar.

ps 1/10 for trying, arth

Reply to
Arthur

Good for the money aren't they :-) Actually any large , moderately unusual, auto will turn up going cheap at some point. Audis & the Japanese ones are often a bargain, anything for a grand might die on you though.

Reply to
Duncanwood

Loads of big Vauxhalls at that price as an estate

Reply to
Martin

I'm going to be predictable and suggest a Volvo again here :o)

Loads of old 700 and 900 series for under a grand, plus a fair few 850s. Fairly bulletproof and surprisingly cheap to run, as they're built properly in the first place! Will do intergalactic mileages if looked after. Rarely go wrong and when they occasionally do, plenty of resources to help you find a solution.

Reply to
Carl Bowman