Redex Petrol Treatment Type

Hi,

can I use the "standard" Redex Petrol Treatment (the red liquid) in an injection engine?

I used to have a carburettor engine type VW and gave it the normal red liquid version of Redex (suitable for carburettor cars). I am still having some of it left.

But now I have a 1990 1.3l 40kW Golf II that has an injection type engine, and the Redex supposed to work in those kind of engines is/was a greenish liquid.

So, simple question - can I use the leftovers of the red Redex in my injection engine, and will it work, or will I just ruin everything...

Any hints welcome.

Regards, Lutz.

Reply to
Lutz Windus

Should be OK.

The injection stuff AFAIK, is just a stronger version of the same thing.

Reply to
Chris