(removable) hard drive mp3 player?

Hi (Ronnie?), I want to put a hard drive mp3 player into my car. I'm struggling a bit to find something decent, so could anyone please help in pointing me towards a good site / product range? Ideally I would like to have say a 40GB removable disk, which I could easily bring to my PC and sync via a (host powered) firewire cable. I was thinking of putting an iPod in the boot, but there dooes not seem to be any products out there for that yet. I'm keeping an eye on the iceLink product range, but would like to have a removable option wither in the boot or as the main sound system. Do you know if any solution will also display the song title / album / band etc? I have an Audi A4 and a hands free kit so I'd rather not have a second adapter sticking out of the dashboard.

Thanks

Reply to
apta10

I just have a JVC head unit with a line in. The line in cable comes out the glove box, and goes back when not in use. The iPod sits safely and firmly in a 9.99 halfords mobile phone holder attached to the top of the dashboard. Great solution as far as I'm concerned. Would not something similar work for you?

Also, if you can still find any, check out the Rio-Car / Empeg units. Very nice.

~Pev

Reply to
Dave Peverley

Cheers. The iPod is a good solution, but if you have loads of songs I imagine it will be difficult to navigate as there is not info displayed about the song title, group album etc. I had a look for the Rio stuff, but they are owned by sonicblue who have decided to stop supporting the car product...

Reply to
apta10

What you could go and have a look at - is building your own system, something like

:)

Kai

Reply to
Kai Robinson

wrote

??? Nah, piece of cake. It indexes all of the above, and you can browse by artist, song, album, genre etc. Not to mention the use of playlists etc... Have a play with one and see for yourself if you can...

Yep, that's why I said 'if you can find them' :-) Great units - i'd have thought they'd crop up on ebay etc...

~Pev

Reply to
Dave Peverley

Reply to
apta10

And go for quite a song too

If only i hadnt been stupid enough to lent my smack head of a EX mate, my car..

ASSS HOLES

Reply to
Tom Burton

"Stop supporting" is not quite accurate - stop officially supporting is true, but the inventor and principle developers are still writing code for it and posting on the forum - indeed much of the code in the new Rio Karma and Nitrus was based on the Rio Car/empeg software. A new beta of v3 software was "leaked" to forum members a few months back - not bad for a product that has been discontinued for a couple of years!

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.