Removed Citroen roof bars.

Useless Citroen dealers. The first one I rang said the keys were not available, but if I cared to bring the van in, one of their engineers might have "something in his toolbox" that could remove them.

The second one told me they were only supplied with the roof bar kit.

At the third attempt the parts dep't phone was answered by a well spoken young sounding lady. I thought, here we go, she probably wont have clue. But no. I was pleasantly surprised. She looked through the spares list and came with a part number. Apologised for not having it in stock, but could probably get it next day. After I explained that I'd like it sooner so I could get the van into the garage, she checked and gave me the name and phone number of another Citroen dealer about 25 miles away who according to her computer had one in stock. Rang them and they actually had 2. Picked it up and after a struggle with the rusted screws finally got the bars off and the van in the garage.

What annoys me is the sheer incompetence of the assistants in the parts dep't of the first 2 dealers I rang. Both male and by the sound of it, they just couldn't be bothered to check the parts lists as the young lady did. I assume they all have the same system and network. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

think yourself lucky, you only had to deal with 1 parts supplier, try dealing with half a dozen a day 6 days a week, its a bloody nightmare, we order a part, they fax the picture of the part needed, takes 2 days to get here & it comes wrong, FFS !!! then you have to inform the customer.

the only decent part suppliers are the guys that have worked up through the ranks over the years & know what they are talking about, ive been repairing vehicles for 25 years+ & there a few guys i know in various parts departments that i will only deal with as i know they will get the order right & at the 1st attempt.

Reply to
reg

I reckon more than half my working time is spent trying to get the right bits.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I reckon one time in two with an order from GSF or ECP there will be something or other missing because the bloke on the other end of the phone wasn't listening. My local VW dealer is quite well behaved though, although I rarely go there with GSF and ECP stuff being a hell of a lot cheaper (we're talking about oil and filters for the main here, along with odds and sods. For bits like water pumps, VW are as cheap as the factors).

Reply to
Doki

I saw the most amazingly complicated vw water pump recently, the guy fitting said to guess the price, I reckoned about 100 genuine and 70 pattern, it was sub 20 quid genuine!

Reply to
Mrcheerful