removing dings, fixing bumpers

Having picked up a knock on my Pug 306 I've decided I want to sort out a couple of dents and suchlike.

I have a minor dent in the rear 3/4 panel (ie between the boot and the side door on a 3 door). Will a paintless dent repairer be able to get this out? Easily? Any suggestions of a company to go with?

More majorly, the front right bumper is cracked, as a result of my p#ss poor driving efforts, a ridiculously narrow carpark entrance and a much-scraped bollard. How would I go about fixing it? I don't want to replace it - to be honest I don't think it's worth it - but the cracked parts do need to be realigned, and if possible, touched up a bit. Hard to explain, but basically the bumper is still in one piece, just not all in the same plane... Reasonably minor, but irritating - the affected section is about handsized in area.

Any help much appreciated

Nick

Reply to
Nick Drew

(sound as of tumbleweed rolling across the newsgroup)

Obviously not the best source of information or opinion then

Reply to
Nick Drew

Nick Drew ( snipped-for-privacy@nickdrew.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Clue :- Paintless repair companies are local, not national. We don't know if you're in Cornwall, Kent, the Orkneys or Ulan Bator.

Clue :- We can't see your bumper from here.

Reply to
Adrian

Nick Drew ( snipped-for-privacy@nickdrew.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

To take a photograph or two?

It sounds like it's going to need at least removing and welding, probably be cheaper to replace with one off a scrapper. You may be lucky and find one the right colour.

Small place, London. North, South, East, West?

I used this guy after a recommendation here.

in Staines, so if you're West London/Heathrow-ish, you may be lucky.

Reply to
Adrian

Yep, bit of a bugger on the bumper front. Pretty difficult to describe really. But, for a bumper with cracks covering about a hand sized space, what are the options?

As for PDR - I'm in London

Cheers Nick

Reply to
Nick Drew

Cheers for that - will drop him a line, see how I get on. I'm in Central London actually, but will see what happens.

As for the bumper, it's a tricky one. The car's the GTi-6, so a bumper (& front spoiler) may not be easy to come by. As for welding, I'm intrigued - you can weld bumper plastic?? Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick Drew

The message from "Nick Drew" contains these words:

Yup - you V-groove it on the rear, line it up nicely and run a hot-melt filler rod into the groove. The trick is to have the compatible filler rods and to get the temperature just right so it flow and meld with the nearly melted parent material.

Reply to
Guy King