Removing Rover 25 Interior Door Panel

Thanks to a passer-by putting their size 10 into my Rover 25 wing mirror (and snapping the mounting bracket), I now need to fit the new mirror assembly that I've bought.

Can anyone advise me on how to remove the interior door panel (to gain access to the bottom of the three mirror assy retaining screws)? I've managed to get all the trim clips undone, removed the door handle, but I'm at a loss as to how to release the door opening lever, which seems to be all that is holding the panel on. HELLLLP!

Any help greatly appreciated. James

Reply to
James Amor

Should be a small screw hidden under a cover. Undo that then slide it forward/backward (can't remember), pull out slightly and remove the rod that links to door latch, taking care not to snap the plastic retaining clip.

Reply to
Conor

either a plastic ring around the outer edge or a screw in the middle under a cover

Reply to
mrcheerful

Just wondering why you have to take the door panel off anyway?

Ad

Reply to
Mad Ad