removing tailgate trim panels in modern Passat Estate

Hi,

Before I dive in and regret it, as can often happen removing doors trims, can anyone offer advice on what to do and what not to do in removing the trim panel(s) on the tailgate of a 2003 Passat TDi 130.

thanks

Reply to
hq105862

I presume you mean the inside trim on the estate.

It should be the same as my 2000 B5.

This was a case of removing the screws that can be seen in each corner of the lower trim where it joins the upper part of the trim. Then remove the 2 hidden screws inside the hand grab recess.

After that just pull it off. You need to give it quite a pull to get the spring clips out.

Hope that helps

Paul

Reply to
Paul Edwards