Renault 1.4 Energy engine HELP

Hi Guys, Have a Renault 19 Phase 1 ( I know, sic !! ) with the 1390cc E6J Energy engine, which is burning oil, about 1ltr in 300mls and Badly smoking on over-run.

Q1. What other Renault's use this complete engine, i.e. Clio ? What ? Q2. What other Renault's use this block but maybe a different head. As I've had this head completely rebuilt before I discovered that oil was leaking past No1 and No4 pistons when they were moved slightly from side to side by finger when the head was off.

Q3. Is there another easy engine swap I could use? i.e. 1.7 Carb version (F2N type)

Reply to
Cliff Davies

If yours is a carb get the 1.7f2n in as you have mentioned but if its injection consider a Volvo 1.7Injection lump in instead, more likely to have not been thrashed and more looked after than a Renault engine im afraid and yeah the Clio use's the same engine and Renault 5's as well should drop in with no problems. also consider the 9 &11 engines if you find them as they are identical.

Reply to
Will

Thanks Will, It's the carb version :-( Good idea about the 1.7 Volvo unit, Do you know if the gearbox in the 1.7f2n is the same with the same Ratio's?

Regards

Reply to
Cliff Davies