Renault 19 speedo needle flickering

I've just purchased an N-reg Renault 19 RT (1.4) and I have this problem of the speedo needle fluttering wildly upto about 50 MPH before it becomes stable.

Any ideas?

Cheers Karl

Reply to
Karl

Then again, it may be perfectly fine. My previous Cit. BX did this for 3 years without giving up the ghost. My current Pug. 306 does it to some extent. I'd guess that it's just some affliction of French cars - they all have their little quirks.

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

"Karl" mumbled:

Cable on its way out.

Reply to
Guy King

French dials - on a Renault coach last week and the rev counter merrily oscillated between 250 & 2500 rpm (idle & redline.) No cable there.

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
sydney