renault 1988 master van .... replacing heater fan motor ...?

I have a camper van based on a long wheelbase F reg 1988 RENAULT T35 MASTER VAN (petrol 2 litre). Weird eh .... even more weird I want to extract and replace the knackered heater FAN MOTOR (burnt out) from the under bonnet casing it is in. Anyone on here done this ? .... or even know how it is done ? The two part black plastic casing in which the fan motor and the heater matrix is housed looks splittable. The back part of the casing containing the matrix is fastened to the bulk head by means of 6 M10 screws and the front part of the casing in which the fan motor is housed 'SNAPS' onto the back part by what looks like latching lugs (a lot of them) AND THE SWINES DON'T WANT TO UNLATCH. Obviously I could remove the 6 M10's but there are too many cables etc (and the two matrix water pipes) running into the assembly from the back and sides for me to want to take the complete assembly out to the bench .... when with a bit of luck (and your advice) I could get the fan motor out.

thanks in advance alec

Reply to
alecalgo