Renault 25 TXE 4 speed auto box

Can anyone help me?

I have a 1992 Renault 25 TXE Executive 4-cyl 2 litre, with a 4-speed automatice gearbox. I would be very gratful if anyone could tell me what the oil capacity of this automatic gearbox is, and how much is required to refill it (for example, the 3-speed auto box holds 6 litres, but only requires approx 2.5 litres for a re-fill)? So what are the figures for the 4-speed?

My dealer handbook contains no information on the 4-speed box, and neither does the Haynes manual.

My local Renault dealer was unable to give me this information.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can give me this information. Feel free to email me at snipped-for-privacy@rockmi.demon.co.uk.

Cheers....

Erik.

Reply to
4speed

Get 10 litres, its not expensive, and flush it out properly.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Hi there Tim. Thanks for the advice, I intend to flush it out as much as I can. But as you know, any auto box can't be drained completely (unless you take it apart), as the torque converters (and in my case the oil cooler and and 5ft long pipes) will still retain a fair amount of oil - see my initial statement about the capacities for a 3-speed. So I still need to know the capacities. And this box does not have a dipstick like the 3-speed. It has a ball-c*ck inside, and a computer socket on the outside. Renault charge =A3150 to check the oil on a

4-speed. So, knowing the initial capacity, and more importantly, the refill capacity is kinda vital. Cheers... Erik.
Reply to
4speed