Renault centre cap bolt?

Anyone know where I could find the stud that locks the centre cap on a Laguna 16" Alloy wheel? Renault won't sell these on their own. They only sell a set of 4 plus key for £18 + VAT. I've tried my local scrap yards but no luck.

Cheers

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

radar

Is this the jobbie with the three cut-outs around the circumference of the head. If so I found one in my shed today, had a slight bend on it but is better than none. You are welcome to it.

Pete

Reply to
Peat

The ones that are on the car look as if they have a standard head on them i.e. the 3 holes are all in a uniform position. I'd expect them to be irregular if they were a security bolt. Thanks for the info though, I'll take a closer look.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Steven Campbell wrote on Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:31:52 +0100:

Um, of course the 3 on your car would be the same. They all use the same key, as would the one you wish to replace.

However, if you were to find a random nut to replace the missing one _it_ would be different...

Reply to
David Taylor

Are you sure about this? Admittedly Renault may be different, but my Vauxhall has a similar type of screw for the centre caps, and the holes are equidistant - if they were'nt, the key would only fit one way round. But it fits in any position. Beats me why they use such a stupid system - obviously the security is minimal. Moreover, when I got the car most of them had seized in place and I had to grind a socket to fit to get enough torque to free them.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

+0100:

Indeed they are standard spec bolts. The holes are all equidistant from each other. Like you say, the key can be used any way rather than just fitting one specific way.

The bolts aren't used as a "security option" although it helps slightly. It is just to keep the centre cap on. The alloys have locking wheel nuts underneath the centre cap.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Steven

Found the bolt but now cannot access mail!

Forward your address to manx_exile_at_ntlworld.com

remove underscores & correct @

Reply to
Peat