Renault Clio dynamique clutch bites the dust at 28k!!!

Crazy or what? I have a friend who tonight has said her Clio clutch just went, no slips or signs of problems prior, just went. AA confirm it's the clutch. The car was brand new from Renault in 2002, careful driver and only covered 28k, full service intervals carried out by Renault.

Does she have a claim against Renault (still under warranty). her previous Clio had done 150k without a clutch!!!

Thanks.

Reply to
Ludwig Feuerbach

What can i say? bloody renault crap!

Reply to
George Spigot

150,000 miles with no clutch! Great :-)

Seriously tho, as long as it has been serviced according to the schedule it should be covered under warranty?

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

erm....bloody renault crap..... and they have the cheek to charge megabucks for parts which the dealers know full well are flawed.

Ever seen those UK TV ads for Horlicks drink ( the traffic warden , airport baggage handler , bus driver ). The next batch of ads should feature Renault parts counter sales assistants !

Reply to
Ebodscki

Doubtful - a wear and tear item unless, of course, it's fallen apart & there is still evidence of plenty of friction material left on the plates I.

Reply to
Iain Miller