Renault Clio Grande rear wiper problem

I've a 2001 Clio, and recently the rear wiper has been malfunctioning.

Turning the switch to on (it should wipe every few seconds), it does the initial wipe, but fails to park properly (about 3/4 of the way back). Then, it fails to start after the time delay.

Turning off the switch, the wiper then tries to park itself in the usual horizontal position. I can hear the relay making a clicking noise as though there could be an electrical wiring problem.

I've checked the wiper relay by changing it with others in the bank, but the same problem occurs. This to me means that the relay is not faulty.

As it seems to be a similar problem for the past few weeks, to me it could exclude the possibility of a loose wire, otherwise I'd expect the wiper to not function at all sometimes.

Though I have an open mind on this, I would expect the wiper to fully function when it starts !

Is there anything else easy to check, like a secondary parking relay ?, or any other wiring area to check, or perhaps a timer circuit ?

TIA.

Reply to
Spin Dryer

It may be an earthing thing. Does the Clio have an earthing block on the tailgate - it may look like a bunch of copper-coloured squares that hook up to a bunch of copper-coloured pins?

Reply to
DervMan

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:30:33 GMT, [DervMan] said :-

To be honest, I'm not sure, but it certainly sounds like a thing to check.

I'll have a hunt around tailgate to see if such a thing exists.

Reply to
Spin Dryer

It will stick out. If so, give it a clean and re-grease up with that funky electrical conductivity grease.

Reply to
DervMan