Renault Clio high level stop light

can anyone tell me why the handbook says take the car to a renault dealer to have the high level centre stop light changed.

any idea how much a new centre stop light is ?

tia

steve

Reply to
Steve

The message from "Steve" contains these words:

So they can milk your wallet.

Reply to
Guy King

Just replace the bulbs!!

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

So they can charge you.

However keep in mind that any part of the car which is maintained by anyone else but the dealer, it them becomes up to them to provide a warranty on that part. I.e. If you change the bulb on the stop light yourself, it then becomes your responsibility if anything else happens to it.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

I believe its a led array, well looks like it is on mine.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Could be it's LED, so not just a simple plug in replacement like a bulb.

Pass. If it is multiple LEDs and they've all failed, it could be the current limiting resistor - all LEDs have this. It might be a separate part and replaceable - or not.

LEDs usually have a long life, so it may be the whole lot is moulded into one, so can only be replaced as a unit. But might be repairable with some ingenuity.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)