Renault Clio Rev Counter

I have a 2000 renault clio on which the rev counter has stopped working. I've taken the panel out and can't see anything obviously wrong, so thought the simplest thing to would be to get a new panel from a breaker or from renault.

My question is whether the digital mileage reading is stored in the panel or in the ECU - eg. will changing the panel change the mileage reading? (The car is really low mileage and I'm hoping to sell it very soon so really don't want to mess with the mileage!)

Any help appreciated Jonathan

Reply to
jonathan